Website Travaasa Experiential Resort
Purpose: Oversees all aspects of spa operations, including front desk and therapy staff, ensuring excellent guest satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Hires and directly supervises the Front Desk staff and Therapy staff and provides direction, training and evaluation.
- Oversees all staff scheduling and balancing of the therapy schedule to meet anticipated guest service levels and yield management. Assures that the Spa has manager and/or supervisor coverage at all times.
- Approves employee time off requests and manages time edits daily; approves bi-weekly payroll.
- Resolves guest complaints and empowers staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests and complaints in an effective manner;
- Assures that the Spa staff is informed of property events and issues, with communication a key element of daily process.
- Coordinates and leads weekly meetings with Spa Guest Services Supervisor and Therapy Leads.
- Coordinates and leads monthly Spa Staff meetings, and issues meeting notes
- Writes SOPs and facilitates the correction of any deficiencies;
- Oversight of retail operations, including purchasing and maintaining inventory, establishing pricing and planning monthly inventory control and count.
- Assures that established financial and point-of-sale/inventory systems and processes are used properly, reports are completed and deposits are made in a timely basis;
- Completes monthly P&L summary, planning and monthly projections.
- Participation of annual budget, financial and revenue systems, policies and procedures;
- Develops new spa treatments, establishes pricing and prepares appropriate written material;
- Uses resources in a respectful and fiscally responsible manner;
- Interacts with other departments to assure seamless delivery of guest services.
- Generates weekly Digital Alchemy reports and follows up on negative or positive comments.
- Completes weekly Spa Report, which outlines how the Spa performed from a revenue perspective: retail, top sellers, treatments, summary and look-ahead. Timeliness and accuracy is a factor. Comprehensive look ahead is critical.
- Participates in MOD/Ops program and attends weekly meetings; convey pertinent information back to team.
- Participates in weekly BEO and Resume meetings to remain current with weekly/monthly in-house group meetings and how they pertain to Spa; convey information back to team.
- Other duties as required.
- Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquires accurately.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Makes suggestions on how issues can be addressed, in a cost effective and time effective manner.
- Supports the team by anticipating and providing help as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned included functions in other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of solid, proven spa management experience with in the hospitality industry
- Massage Therapy and/or Esthetician experience/licensure a plus
- Extensive knowledge of current spa treatments, trends and modalities
- Strong computer aptitude, POS and PMS system experience, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, Mac
- Poised, confident, calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Very proficient with financial, budget and inventory control methods and procedures
- Skilled problem solver with the ability to resolve problems and or conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to multi task and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Ability to lead by example and be a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Ability to work full time, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Able to work with and around chemicals present in swimming pools and spas
- Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=17849792 →