At Travaasa Austin, one of the most unique aspects to staying with us is all the available programming offerings. If you’re looking to relax, improve your flexibility, as well as your mental and physical well-being, a 45 minute Yoga session can do wonders. Today, meet Susan Anderson, our Yoga instructor at our beautiful Texas Hill Country property.
- Name: Susan Anderson
- Position at Travaasa Austin: Yoga Instructor (leads classes in yoga, meditation, and breathwork)
- Hometown: Austin, Texas
- Interesting Personal Fact: I’ve participated, and placed in yoga asana competitions. I am now a coach for others who compete.
- How Long Have You Been Teaching and Instructing Yoga? Nine years
- Top 3 Favorite Yoga Positions: Standing Bow, Forearm Scorpion, and Plow (as of right now- this is always changing)
- What kind of role do you feel meditation and relaxation should play when doing yoga? Through Hatha Yoga, which is yoga as physical movement, we release stress and tension that is stored in our physical bodies. Through this release, the mind and body feels more relaxed, and when we are relaxed we are more available to drop in deep within ourselves to experience meditation.
- Is There a Best Time of Day You Suggest Practicing Yoga? We’re all different, and prefer practicing at different times during the day- anytime is okay. However, ideally you don’t want to practice an hour-two hours after eating a big meal, and it’s best if you do not have to rush off to some other activity, and instead take some time to allow the healing benefits of the yoga to integrate into your system.