In honor of Man Month, there’s a new treatment room in Austin, especially designed with men in mind, called the Western Sky. Not only does the Travaasa spa offer a separate men’s spa brochure, but it also features the exclusive Men’s skin care line, Organic Male, a results driven line designed to address the unique issues men have with skin care.
What makes the Western Sky so amazing?
- The wood that lines the walls is reclaimed Douglas fir from an old elementary school in Texas.
- The wood trim, although plain, is reclaimed loblolly pine from an old library in Texas.
- The fiber optic sky represents a Texas sky, with the constellations Leo, Capricorn, Little Dipper, Sagittarius, and many more.
- The Western Sky has a bar in the room that is stocked with lemon water, and hand blown green glass.
- There is a rawhide chair, faux suede duvet and western flannel throw.
- The carpet is unique, in that it looks like a cowhide.
- All of the paint used to paint Western Sky is not VOC; the wood was treated with a non toxic soy based finish.
- The electric massage table has 6 Bose speakers built into the table, creating a sound experience that you can really feel.
- The massage table also has an attachment that will allow us to perform manicures. (Based on availability, we are not able to perform pedicures in Western Sky).
- There is a paper dog in the room, made, of course, from recycled paper.
- The wall sconces are steam punk design with magnifying glass and filament light bulbs.
Now, for the magic that happens in the Man Room…
Enjoy the “What Ales You” Package and let your aches and pains melt away like a Texas Sunset. This exclusive men’s package begins with an Energetic Edge 80-minute massage followed by a Peppermint Zenergy Foot Treatment. End your experience with an organic Texas ale.
Each guest that receives a service in Western Sky during Man Month will have a chance to name the dog and enter to win a gift certificate for a 50 minute massage or a shirt from Ryan Michael Collection (style based on availability).