Recipe provided by Travaasa Austin Executive Chef Ben Baker.
Did you know: Santa Claus consumes upwards of 600 million cookies on Christmas Eve (from our extremely scientific calculations). Help his waistline out a bit this year by making these healthy-but-still-delicious cookies.
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup or honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 2/3 cup pepitas
- Toast rolled oats in an oven until golden brown.
- Place peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon in a sauce pot a heat on low. Stir mixture until homogenized.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, chia seeds, and pepitas.
- Add one half of the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture, and fold together. Add the rest of the peanut butter mixture and fold together.
- Press granola bar mixture into cookie sheet and cook gently for ten minutes at 250 degrees.
- Allow to cool and set for one hour.
- Cut into bars.